Job Title: Hay Assistant / Farm Mechanic
Job Order #: KG-6109
Location: Central Nebraska
Salary Range: $0.00 - 42,000.00
Commission / Bonus: Christmas
Benefits: 3 Bdrm/2 Bath House ~ 1990's + Beef + Utilities + Work Vehicle
- Experience with hay equipment and strong maintenance practices are a must
- Strong Mechanic skills and general maintenance of equipment is a must
- Cow background preferred, willingness to work with cattle when needed
- 3-10 years work experience on a ranch preferred
- Animal health and calving experience a plus, nutrition and range management experience all a plus
- Strong communication skills, detail oriented, hard working, and self-initiative are neededJOB DESCRIPTION:
Hansen Agri-Placement is looking for an experienced Hay Assistant/Farm Mechanic for a central Nebraska Sandhills Ranch. Ranch will put up large round bales for feed, no row crop but 9-10 weeks worth of haying. Ranch has a 1300 cow commercial herd with Heifers calving in February and Cows starting in March. This employer is looking for an experienced equipment operator that has strong mechanic skills that will keep equipment well maintained. Need good knowledge of ranch maintenance, hay production, equipment maintenance and repair. This operation uses ATVs and pickups, but is ok to have up to 2 horses as they are used on occasion. Long hours during hay season and willingness to assist with calving which will run Feb - April. Wages are dependent on experience and skill set. K-12 schools are all close, prime area if someone enjoys hunting and trapping. Benefits are 3 Bedroom/2 bath house with utilities along with work vehicle, beef and possible bonus.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at email@example.com or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.
"Unless The Lord Builds the House, We Labor In Vain Who Build It"
The Nation's Oldest and Most Highly Respected Ag Agency, Serving Agri Business and Production Agriculture Since 1959.