Job Title: Ranch Herdsman
Job Order #: EH-6441
Location: Eastern Iowa
Salary Range: $0.00 - 45,000.00
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Dental and Vision Insurance + Family Health Insurance + Paid Vacation
- Routine maintenance and upkeep of overall ranch; roads, facilities, fences, etc.
- Solid cow/calf background experience
- Good animal health background
- Good communication skills
- Able to work in a team environment
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for good Ranch Herdsman for the eastern Iowa ranch producer. Person will maintain the daily cow/calf production within their area of the ranch, and who is also willing assist in other area of the ranch as time permits. Herdsman will have direct husbandry duties and leading other production employees. Need to be self-motivated and able to motivate others, as ranch is progressive. Practical experience is required with herd management, nutrition, equipment, asset management, property maintenance and management. Herdsman Responsibilities include: Health, vaccination protocols, diagnosing/doctoring, breeding, calving, proper tagging, maintain cattle records, calving, culling, etc. for their commercial herd.
- Nutrition: 12-month mineral program, take monthly forage samples
- Improvements: Maintain corrals, sheds, and fences; maintain trucks, equipment, and build/implement new improvements
- Cattle Movement: Move/keep cattle where they are supposed to be, riding, range health, manage for excellent up-trending range health, keep grazing chart record for each pasture
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.