Job Title: Production Farm Manager
Job Order #: KG-6743
Location: Western Iowa
Salary Range: $0.00 - 55,000.00
Commission / Bonus: Possible
Benefits: Health Insurance + House/Utilities + Negotiable for right person + Retirement after 1 year
- Position will require a hands-on working manager
- Solid production management experience required
- Direct and coordinate work activities, such as planting, chemical/fertilizer application, harvesting, record keeping, etc.
- Soil analysis to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production
- Inspection of equipment to ensure proper function
- Inspect fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage
- Assist in the purchases of machinery, equipment, and supplies
- Enforce safety regulations and interpret policies
- Make decisions, solve problems, analyze information, and evaluate results
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
- Facilitate communication with management
- Implement projects and strategies with due diligence
- Prioritize and delegate projects and oversee ongoing progress
- Adhere to internal policies and procedures
- Perform administrative duties as necessary
- Long term, career oriented, self starter with strong work ethic and desire to succeed
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a hands-on Production Farm Manager for a crop production operation in western Iowa. Manager will oversee all crop production of seed, corn, and soybeans as well as other activities related to the farm. Prefer 5+ years of experience on a larger-scale farm or past experience working with a seed farm. This person will be responsible for equipment, fertilizers, chemicals and other related inputs. Person is responsible for implementing safety policies and practices according to company standards. Manager will be responsible for maintaining proper flow and scheduling through the shop as most equipment is prepared and readied 6 months in advance. Candidates need to know precision equipment, and have planting through harvest experience. Prior crop production and Ag management experience, knowledge of modern row crop farming, including GPS is required. Candidates need to be personable and organized to lead a crew. Compensation depends upon experience. Operation is located near great schools and is close to town with major cities in close proximity.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.
"Unless The Lord Builds the House, We Labor In Vain Who Build It"
The Nation's Oldest and Most Highly Respected Ag Agency, Serving Agri Business and Production Agriculture Since 1959.