Job Title: Lead Ranch Assistant
Job Order #: KG-6760
Location: South Texas
Salary Range: $0.00 - 45,000.00
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Disability / Life Insurance + Housing / Utilities + Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance + Training / Development + Uniforms + Vacation Days + Work Truck + Workers Comp
- 5 years experience in a cow/calf operation of full time is a must, 10-15 years are a plus. Bachelor's Degree or better is a plus.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with ability to complete a project as well as start one
- Desire to learn and improve process with the ranching operation
- Ability to work long hours and be flexible, especially during calving season and other peak times of the year
- Knowledge of farm equipment maintenance, building maintenance, and welding skills are a plus
- A valid drivers license is a must. Ability to operate different types of equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Basic AI skills and knowledge is a plus along with knowledge and working in the purebred industry.
- Bilingual capability is a plus, or ability to understand ranch English/Spanish is needed
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Purebred Ranch Assistant for a cow/calf operation in south Texas. Seeking someone who will assist and willing to take on more responsibility in terms of manager in training. Also hands on working with calving cows, ID newborn calves, record keeping, castration, assist with de-worming, vaccination programs, fly control, and branding. The person will feedstock as necessary with range cubes, mineral, and hay rations. A person should have good knowledge of farm equipment maintenance and prefer an eye for detail while having good communication and analytical skills. Looking for the right individual that is willing to start out as an assistant, but has potential to work into management roll as the ranch is looking towards expansion. Candidate will also will need to have good people skills in working with the customer and promoting the breed at key events around the country. The location is ideal for a spouse to secure employment and salary be determined and will be dependent upon skills/experience of the employee hired.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.
"Unless The Lord Builds the House, We Labor In Vain Who Build It"
The Nation's Oldest and Most Highly Respected Ag Agency, Serving Agri Business and Production Agriculture Since 1959.