Job Title: Ranch/Hay Assistant
Job Order #: EH-6761
Location: North Central Montana
Salary Range: $0.00 - 36,000.00
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Employee Health Insurance + House + Meat + Paid Vacation + Utilities
- Have pride in their work, have a good attitude, honest and dependable
- Solid ranch background with recent, hands-on experience in commercial cow/calf operation
- Good animal husbandry experience, including calving, spot, diagnose/, treat/doctoring, keeping track of herds, and pasture, feeding & breeding
- Experience working cattle from horseback
- Good hay production experience, both with equipment operations and equipment maintenance
- Welding a plus and general upkeep around the ranch from buildings to corrals and mountain fencing
- Assist in routine maintenance and general repair along with record keeping to make sure it gets done in a timely manner
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Ranch Assistant for this north central Montana cow/calf producer. General ranch work, including; livestock work, fence repair and construction, hay production and handling, weed control, and general mechanical repairs. Desired skills and attributes include: skills consistent with property maintenance; familiarity with, and ability to operate, tractors and hay machinery; animal health skills; ability to communicate well with Manager & the Owner; attention to detail, and high standards in work quality. Other responsibilities include: grounds maintenance, including general upkeep, corral, barn, shed, house, and other structure maintenance and repair, lawn care, including mowing, weeding, general maintenance and care of overall ranch. Need to have pride in their work, have a good attitude, honest and dependable. Will also assist in feeding cows and livestock work, but need person who can work throughout the ranch. Ranch is in a beautiful location, offering hunting, fishing, camping, etc. Ranch is family friendly and because of the location, spouse would likely have employment opportunities in town. In the right situations on the ranch, kids might be welcome to assist, so to develop a work ethic.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.