Job Title: Ranch Production Manager
Job Order #: EH-6740
Location: Eastern Wyoming
Salary Range: $0.00 - 60,000.00
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: 3 Bdrm Home + Cell Phone + Utilities + Vehicle
- Prefer 3+ year in lead position on larger ranch
- Prefer B.S. Degree/Animal Science or related
- Business management/budgeting experience preferred
- Solid cow/calf ranch background
- Excellent animal health skills
- Practical experience with herd management, nutrition, equipment and property maintenance and management are required
- Team player/motivator and ability to lead a crew
- Handle maintenance and general repair
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Working Ranch Manager with good management experience for this eastern Wyoming Ranch Producer. Candidate needs a solid ranch background, able to execute owners plans and who is hands-on production oriented. Prefer 10 years industry and 3 years management experience. Business management/budgeting experience preferred. Manager will be responsible for the commercial cow herd. This is a WORKING MANAGER POSITION, so manager will have direct husbandry duties including leading other production employees. Needs to be self-motivated and able to motivate others, as ranch is progressive with plans to grow in future. Practical experience with herd management, nutrition, equipment and property maintenance and management are required. Prefer B.S. degree in animal science or related.
- Health - Vaccination Protocols, Doctoring/Diagnosing for Commercial Herd, Breeding, A.I. Protocols & Natural Service, Calving, Proper Tagging, Maintain Cattle Records, calving, matings, culling etc.
- Nutrition - Take monthly forage samples
- Improvements - Maintain corrals, sheds, fences, Maintain trucks, equipment, Build/implement new improvements, Assist with return on investment analysis
- Cattle Movement - Move/keep cattle where they are supposed to be, working cattle from horseback and ATVs, Manage for range health, Keep grazing chart record for each pasture
- Government - Handle all grazing issues with State and any owners of rented pasture
- Financial - Help draft and manage annual operating budget, Stay within budget, Labor Management, Lead/direct (non-office) employees, Manage part time, seasonal and day help, Manage with a TEAM approach, creating a positive environment, Meet with Owner on regular basis to review progress on goals, actuals vs. budget etc., Be progressive minded with a willingness to adopt improved methods of beef production
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.