Job Title: Herdsman / Herd Manager
Job Order #: KH-6576
Salary Range: $50,000.00 - 60,000.00
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Cell Phone + Health Insurance + Housing + Truck
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Ability to interact and work in all aspects of dairy operations.
- Excellent communications, organizational skills and bilingual in Spanish/English
- General knowledge of concepts of animal husbandry, animal nutrition, reproduction, milk quality, and records
- Ability to communicate with management and all employees
- Ability to observe and share information to teammates
- Proficient in using standard dairy and office programs
- Be a team player, help collaborate, resolve issues, and implement solutions
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a large multi state operation who is searching for a Herdsman that can be developed into a Herd Manager for their operation based in Texas. Position will give the opportunity to work at company's other locations to learn their system and protocols and to cultivate into upper management. This is a monderain dairy facility with a large heifer operation that values a team approach. This position will report to Owner and General Manager. Duties include but are not limited to: Coordinate and assist in all animal treatments. Assist with Reproductive team with head detection and Artificial insemination of cows and heifers. Assist with mastitis culturing and analyze results for treatment. Assist with weekly herd checks and appropriate reproduction protocols. Assist with treatment of all animals completed within standard operation procedures of the dairy operation. Assist and follow the procedures to maintain the highest levels of animal welfare practices. Consult and collaborate with key consulting partners including vet, nutritionist, and AI staff. Perform data entry as needed to maintain quality records. Interact with both employees and animals in a safe and ethical environment. Maintain a valid driver’s license.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kirk Hansen at email@example.com or call 308-382-7370. You are encouraged to fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.
"Unless The Lord Builds the House, We Labor In Vain Who Build It"
The Nation's Oldest and Most Highly Respected Ag Agency, Serving Agri Business and Production Agriculture Since 1959.