When I was in the Navy at the end of the Korean War, one of my shipmates said, “Hansen, you are going to hell.” He explained how I was separated from God by my sins and that I needed to confess and forsake my sins and to ask Jesus to forgive me of my sins and to come into my life as my Savior.
Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under Heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved. —Acts 4:12
The Bible says that:
- God loves you and wants you to live with Him in Heaven.
- John 3:16 – "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.”
- 1 John 5:11 – “And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son.”
- John 10:10 – “…I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.”
- The Bible teaches us that we are all sinners. Have you ever said, done or thought anything wrong?
- Romans 3:10 – “As it is written. 'There is none righteous, not even one.'”
- Romans 3:23 – “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
- Being honest, truthful, kind, compassionate, loving, generous, unselfish, trying to keep the Ten Commandments and even going to church, being baptized and doing good works will not get you into Heaven.
- Proverbs 14:12 – “There is a way which seems right to a man, But its end is the way of death.
- Isaiah 64:6 – “For all of us have become like one who is unclean,And all our righteous deeds are like a filthy garment; And all of us wither like a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, take us away.”
- James 2:10 – “For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles in one point, he has become guilty of all.”
- Rejecting God’s plan of eternal salvation will keep you out of Heaven.
- Romans 6:23 – “For the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
- James 1:15 – “…and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.”
- John 3:18 – "He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God."
- Isaiah 59:2 – “But your iniquities have separated you from God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear.”
- You, like everyone else, will have to face a judgment day.
- Hebrews 9:27 – “And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,”
- Revelations 20:12 – “And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened…”
- God loves you and has made a way to Heaven through His Son the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Romans 5:8 – “But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”
- 1 Peter 3:18 – “For Christ also has suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God…”
- Ephesians 2:8-9 – “For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.”
- Acts 4:12 – "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under Heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."