Job Title: Assistant Feedyard Manager
Location: West-Central Kansas
Salary Range: $0 - $75000
Commission / Bonus: 10%-20% Bonus
- College Degree or 2-5 years industry experience and a complete knowledge of the cattle feeding industry
- 3+ years supervisory or management experience of others
- A good understanding of OSHA/HACCP guidelines is preferred as well as an understanding of a cattle accounting system
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required
- Strong MS Office experience and proficiency with Excel and Access
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to calculate figures such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, etc.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus
Hansen Agri-Placement is searching for an Assistant Feedyard Manager for this west-central Kansas Feedlot operation. Will be working closely with the Feed Yard Manager to manage and lead all activities involved at an assigned feedlot in order to meet personnel, productivity and profitability objectives. This includes cattle, mill, feeding, yard, and office administration.
- Have a working knowledge to develop, monitor, and is accountable to, the feedlot operating and capital expense budgets.
- Manage, develop and lead various departments at the feedlot.
- Participate and/or head up company-wide feed yard-planning projects.
- Work with Feed Yard Manager to ensure that required records and reporting are developed and maintained to comply with environmental, safety, and regulatory issues (ISO/HACCP, OSHA, etc.).
- Ensure that yard activities are carried out in an efficient manner through personal observations and meetings (formal/informal) with appropriate management and line employees.
- Ensure that supervisors and consultants are directed toward performance goals.
- Oversee the marketing of fed cattle; work with Cattle Procurement to provide feedback on cattle quality, flesh, etc.
- Communicate with the Feed Yard Manager, and the Operations Manager, on current and future capital expenditures, and the development and/or improvement of future and existing feedlot operations and procedures.
- Act as backup for any of the department managers and/or line workers.
- Maintain positive relationships with area farmers and outside vendors.
- Assist Feed Yard Manager with annual initiatives.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.