Job Title: Calf Manager
Location: New York
Salary Range: $45000 - $50000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Health Insurance Allowance + Paid Vacation + Retirement
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Strong Management experience
- Strong Calf experience
- Excellent Communication skills
- Positive Attitude at all times
- Excellent record keeping skills
- Strong herd health knowledge
- Be a Hands-On Team Player
- Demonstrate a productive work ethic
- Demonstrate traits of reliability & dependability
- Demonstrate punctuality
- Follow through on your "word" and actions (take responsibility)
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a dairy operation located in New York who is searching for a qualified Calf Manager for their operation. Successful candidate will be part of a highly motivated team dedicated to the profitable operation of the dairy. The Calf Manager will report directly to the owner. It is important for the Calf Manager to pay close attention to details in all that they do and look for new and more efficient ways of doing things. Will also be responsible for the health and wellbeing of all calves on the farm from the time they are placed in a hutch until they leave the greenhouse. This includes feeding, bedding, and cleaning of the super hutches and greenhouse. Other duties include running the pasteurizer and feeding the hutch calves milk, water and grain, and washing the buckets for the hutch calves. The ability to spot calves and heifers that are not 100%, and treat them or have them treated before they become sick, is a critical skill that will ensure the success in this position. Ability to keep accurate records of any treatments that are given to calves and getting them entered into the computer is essential (or to the office at the barn for entry into the computer). Watching calving pens and assist with calvings as needed.
Communication and Flexibility:
- Maintain a high level of communication with farm owners and co-workers.
- Be a team player.
- Communicate new ideas and ways of doing things to owners on a regular basis.
- Show willingness to assist other when the unexpected occurs.
- Show willingness to complete the job as required.
- Have a positive attitude at all times.
- Assist with any other farm project as needed.
- Attend regular staff and farm professionals meetings.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kirk Hansen at email@example.com or call 308-382-7370. You are encouraged to fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.