Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Southern California
Salary Range: $ - $220000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: 100% Employe Health and Dental Cover and some Family Coverage + 2 Weeks Vacation 1st Year, 3 Weeks 3rd-5th Year + 40 Hour Sick Leave Per Year + 6 Paid Holidays + Other Fringe Benefits Negotiable
- CPA, CMA or Masters degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred; Bachelor’s degree required.
- Eight to 10 years of experience in financial management is required.
- Seven to 10 years management experience in a high-growth environment.
- Proficiency in the English language, verbal and written, and ability to effectively communicate with team members and inter-company personnel.
- Travel required to all locations the company operates.
- Excellent leadership, management, and supervisory skills. “A leader a team wants to follow.”
- A passion for numbers and enjoying doing hands on accounting and analytical analysis for Ownership work.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Substantial accounting and finance knowledge and prior experience in a high volume food, agriculture or manufacturing company is desired.
- Proven track record of increased responsibility through a finance organization.
- Solid understanding of GAAP, IRS, and California taxation rules.
- Solid understanding of cost accounting, margin analysis, and the ability to develop a system of management cost reports.
- Knowledge and expertise in FAMOUS (Payroll & Accounting software) is desired.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge and proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, electronic mail, FAMOUS, Google Apps, Smartsheet, Evernote, Kronos, and other word and spreadsheet programs.
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Chief Financial Officer to report directly to the President and Chief Operating Officer of a large California Ag Producer. The Chief Financial Officer is a key member of the Executive Management team and assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The CFO has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial related activities of the company. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, tax, business analysis and negotiations, institutional financing, and risk management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide “hands on” leadership and development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Assume a key leadership role for process improvement initiatives (Lean Six Sigma.)
- Process improvement to commence after 6 months of completely understanding our business.
- Ensure credibility of the Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends, and forecasts.
- Establish and maintain a hands-on active role in all Company’s operations.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning and introduction of new programs and strategies.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives to identify their needs and seek a full range of business solutions across multiple business units.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets, and consolidation and reporting for the company.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the finance and accounting and tax administration functions of the organization.
- Maintain a strict monthly closing schedule ensuring that each month's accounting data is finalized and closed by the 20th of each month.
- Prepare an executive recap of the prior month’s financial performance by the 25th of each month.
- Other duties as assigned by the President and COO.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at [email protected] or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.