Job Title: Dairy Manager
Salary Range: $150000 - $188000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Annual Vacation Airline Tickets + Family Status Benefits + Private Medical Insurance + Tax Free Income (First $108,700)
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Bachelor’s Degree in Dairy or Animal Science or related field desired.
- At least 10 years of experience on a large commercial dairy farm.
- A minimum of 5 years of management experience, preferably on a large dairy farm
- Herd Health
- Reproduction experience
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Computer experience, including Microsoft Office, Dairy Comp, and EZ-Feed software.
- The ability to lift 55 lbs.
- Able to work 60+ hours per week – weekends, nights and holidays as needed.
- English language required
- Direct knowledge of: herd health, parlor operations, farm equipment, and modern farming practices
- Demonstrated ability to: lead, have open and honest communications, motivate, be a team player, make good decisions under pressure and remain professional under stressful situations.
- Follow and enforce protocols
- Able to foster a positive team environment
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Goal oriented
- Willingness to learn and improve
- Not afraid to make mistakes to achieve success and make improvement
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a large overseas dairy operation who is searching for an experienced Dairy Manager for their operation. The dairy manager will oversee day to day activities of milk production, reproduction, and manure management. This position works closely with unit supervisors to provide them with support and supervision to ensure the success of the dairy operation. Must be known by others to be a strong leader who takes full responsibility for the herd’s milk production, health, and behavior. Working in conjunction with the Supervisors, Head Vet, and General Manager to analyze, identify, and develop solutions to needed operational improvements to ensure top-notch animal care, productivity, and cost effectiveness. This includes suggesting the implementation of new technology and practices to advance the dairy’s performance.
This position will also be responsible for maintaining positive working relationships with Head Vet, Lab Manager, Maintenance Manager, and various consultants.
The Dairy Manager will work in conjunction with the Senior Management team on continuous improvement initiatives to improve the overall performance of employees and the business.
Departments of Responsibility
- Milking parlors – 4 Rotary parlors + care of all animals that are housed in each unit
- Reproduction team – This team does all the AI, hormone shots, and pregnancy diagnosis in cows and heifers
- Operations team – Manure collection and separation
- Youngstock team – Age: newborn to Close up
- Feeding team – all animals
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership & oversight for the various teams on the dairy – Animal movement, calf raising, and milking parlor, and reproduction
- Ensuring a complete labor force at all times
- Monitoring adherence to protocols and procedures
- Implementing any changes to protocols and procedures
- Keeping records of performance as requested
- Monitoring of cow health and heat activity through visual observation and SCR system
- Monitoring feeding – intakes, push-out, BCS, etc.
- Monitor cooling system
- Coordinate maintenance issues with maintenance team
- Maintain cleanliness of facility
- Monitor department KPI’s
- Review and analyze department data
- Maintain production and feed forecast and inventories
- Other duties as required
- Assist GM with budgeting, planning, and various management tasks
- Conduct team meetings and training
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kirk Hansen at email@example.com or call 308-382-7370. You are encouraged to fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.