Job Title: Farm Assistant
Location: West Central Nebraska
Salary Range: $ - $60000
Commission / Bonus: Possible to run cows/farm ground
Benefits: 3 Bedroom Home + Beef + Home cooked noon meal (daily) + Utilities + Work Vehicle
- Need equipment operation experience and skills, prefer plant to harvest experience
- Semi driving experience a plus, need clean DMV record, will need to be willing and/or able to get CDL if you don't have one
- Cow/calf experience a plus, but willing to assist with feeding, hauling water, weaning, fencing, etc. are all a must
- Hard working, team player, self-starter, high morals, good ethics, and honest characteristics is what we are looking for
- General equipment maintenance, fabrication, carpentry skills, with ability to troubleshoot and problem solving are all a plus
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a qualified Farm Assistant for an operation in central Nebraska Sandhills. Majority of work will be with farming operation of ranch so one will need to have experience and interest farming, but also willing to assist as needed with working the cow herd as well. Main focus for employee will be farming operations, so prefer plant to harvest experience, but will also consider someone with experience but may not have been in a lead position at this time. Commercial cow/calf side of the operation may need assistance during winter feeding, hauling water, branding, and processing calves at weaning time. Farm operation also has its own semis, so person must be willing to get a CDL if they don't have one. This is a diversified operation and person needs to be willing to jump in and help where and when needed. This is a progressive operation that can provide a family friendly atmosphere; they try to take most all Sundays off for the hired help. Family is based on strong Christian values, high moral values, ethics, clean language, and strong communication and kids are welcome around the farm/ranch. House is on a small acreage that provides room for horses or 4-H animals. Great schools located on bus route. A hot lunch is provided daily and welcomed to eat with the family on daily basis. Salary and benefits will be negotiated and depend on experience, stability, and references. Looking for long term employment, employer is not against in providing farm equipment if one wants to rent some additional acres to farm or access to pasture for running a few cows for the right individual.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.