Job Title: Farm Crop Manager
Location: West-Central Nevada
Salary Range: $ - $100000
Commission / Bonus: Possible Bonus
Benefits: Housing is Available / Negotiable + Paid Vacation
- 2-3 years of leadership and management experience is needed
- Experience operating modern farm equipment is a must, familiar with Dairy and silage/forage operation is also a must
- Technical knowledge of GPS, auto-steer, and precision farming
- Dedicated and willing to work long hours during peak seasons
- Routine maintenance and mechanic ability with an attention to detail a must
- Hard-working, team player, strong communicator, self-starter, high morals, good ethics, motivated, and honest
- Willingness to jump in and assist when and where needed is a must
- Experience in crop planning, rotation, spraying, and fertilizer application is a must
- Experience with manure management, application along with record-keeping
Hansen Agri-Placement is searching for a good working Field and Crop Manager for an employer in west-central Nevada. This person needs to know planting through silage harvest, have experience with large modern farm machinery, and have a technical mindset that is not afraid of change. This position oversees all farming operations related to dairy feedstuffs of Alfalfa, Corn Silage, and Triticale. Will oversee maintenance and service of equipment to keep the farm running efficiently while managing a team which will include all hiring, training, and keeping a full staff. They run over 3000+ acres of land and do much of their harvesting. The owner is on-site, but they are Dairymen and want to focus on their cows and not worry about the management of the farm. This person will work in a team environment, work long hours in peak season, must be dedicated, and have common sense along with management experience. This is a progressive operation looking for the right person committed to long-term employment, someone to grow with the business. This position offers advancement opportunities in pay and management as the person becomes familiar with the business. The location is just a few miles from town on good roads to a very nice smaller community that is complete with modern schools, places to eat, banks, gas, shopping, grocery store, etc. Located about an hour from larger shopping, skiing, and recreation opportunities with great hiking and scenery for the outdoor enthusiast. E.O.E. with salary open and will be determined by experience, stability, and references you can bring to the table.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at email@example.com or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.