Job Title: Farm Manager
Location: New York
Salary Range: $90000 - $130000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: 401k Plan with company match + Dental + Employee Assistance Program + Free farm-fresh eggs! (3 dozen/week) + Health + Health Savings Account (HSA) + Paid Time Off (3 weeks) + Referral incentive bonus ($1k) + supplemental insurances + Vision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science or agricultural related field is preferred.
- Large farm experience preferred.
- Agricultural business experience preferred.
- Operations management and experience leading teams required.
- Ability and interest in working hands-on with animals.
- Strong organization skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Self-starter, innovative, team player, results oriented.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Attention to detail, strong record-keeping skills.
- Be comfortable with technology currently in use and also new technology being introduced.
- An understanding of basic business practices.
- Ability to interface successfully with vendors.
- Uncompromised ethics and integrity.
- Possess a high degree of initiative.
- Demonstrates commitment to continued professional growth and development.
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a large poultry operation located in New York who are searching for a Farm Manager. The Poultry Production Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of Layer and Pullet housing which includes managing teams and working with the chickens. The Poultry Production Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day monitoring and reporting of animal health.
- Day-to-day Management of Poultry Care Attendants (PCAs) incl scheduling and performance management.
- Ensure departmental job tasks are prioritized and completed efficiently and within the required time.
- Monitoring of PCAs to ensure proper handling of the poultry at all times.
- Coordinating with Flex teams, contractors and seasonal employee’s activities with overall lifecycle of chickens.
- Daily checkout of poultry housing systems (Feed, Lights, Air, Water, Sanitation, FLAWS) to ensure that all systems are working properly.
- Oversee implementation of procedures and processes related to poultry husbandry.
- Monitor animal health and production. Keep current on accepted practices and methods relating to animal health.
- Maintain all associated records including flock performance records and certification documentation.
- Responsible for execution of all related compliance programs.
- Work closely and communicate regularly with the Director of Poultry Management regarding animal health and monitoring.
- Communicate with other managers to implement company and Farm programs, as well as ensure departments are functional and incredible service standards are met.
- Lead by example by learning and educating others, and ensures employee have up-to-date performance reviews and receive feedback that is fair, accurate, and helps them do their jobs better.
- Provide feedback on training programs and look for ways to improve practices, including follow-ups with newly trained employees. Play a key role in the farm management team; participates in team meetings.
- Look for opportunities to eliminate re-work, waste, etc.
- Inform Safety and Operations Manager and maintenance team of potential hazards.
- Share results with employees and ensure recognition of individual and team achievements, as well as providing specific informal and formal feedback to employees in a timely fashion.
- Act as a team player (support and encourage co-workers); treat management, co-workers, and employees with respect according to the Company's Values.
- Participate in applicable audits.
- Set up/monitor automated environmental control systems.
- May be responsible for responding to alarms at specified times.
- Interface closely with Director of Poultry Management, Site/General Manager, Feed Mill Manager, and Maintenance Manager.
- Perform other duties as requested.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Chris Schroeder at [email protected] or call 308-384-4886. Please to fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.