Job Title: Farm Manager - Potatoes
Location: North Dakota
Salary Range: $0 - $100000
Commission / Bonus: Profitability and On Time Incentive Negotiable
Benefits: 401K Retirement + Company Vehicle + Insurance Package + Possible short term housing
- 4+ years of Farm Management Experience Required with minimum of Bachelor's degree in agricultural field of study or significant experience as a farm manager
- Experience in growing Potatoes in addition to center pivot irrigation and land development with new irrigation and infrastructure
- Oversee Agronomist and production employees while providing leadership, direction, and guidance to supervisory staff
- Ability to Manage entire farm operation which includes budgets and P&Ls. Analyze historical data and interpret for decision making
- Directs and coordinates work activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, record keeping, etc.
- Soil analysis to determine type and quantity of fertilizer required for maximum production and sustainable fertility management
- Inspection of equipment to ensure proper functioning
- Inspects fields to determine maturity dates of crops or to estimate potential crop damage
- Assist in the purchases of machinery, equipment, and supplies
- Hiring authority, transfer, and promote workers
- Enforce safety regulations and interpret policies
- Make decisions, solve problems, analyze information, evaluate results
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work
- Monitoring and controlling resources and management of material resources
- Negotiation and business skills which include the ability to deal with landowners
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Farm Manager for a large potato farm in North Dakota. Person will direct and oversee Agronomist and Production employees. Prefer 4+ years management experience in large scale Potato production management. Will oversee equipment, production employees, irrigation, fertilizers, chemicals and other inputs on several farms. Implementing safety policies and practices according to company standards. Providing budget formulation, profit/loss statements, employee evaluations, establishing production standards, ensuring compliance with company policies. Responsible for maintaining proper personnel. This position is to provide succession planning of replacement of long-term manager that will still be on board to provide smooth transition into looking for a long term manager to maintain steady growth for years to come. Depending on starting, short term housing may be available to assist in relocation. Interview will be extensive interview most likely two part, one at farm location and second one in home office which would include the owner. Great location to raise family in quiet rural area, recreation areas close by, and easy access to larger city city near by for entertainment, shopping, and other resources.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at email@example.com or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.