Job Title: Farm Manager - "Regional"
Location: Western and Central Nebraska
Salary Range: $ - $100000
Commission / Bonus: Performance Based Bonus, Incentive, and/or Profit Share possible
Benefits: 1/2 beef/year + A Premium Benefit Package + Dental / Life Insurance + Health Insurance including Family Education + Housing Available + Long Term Disability + Medical Spending Account + Paid Vacation + Provide a retirement 401K w/ 10% match + Tuition Stipend for family
- 3-5 years’ leadership and business management experience of larger-scale operations of 10,000 acres plus
- Ag-Related Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- Experience with large scale precision farming and modern farm machinery is preferred, including familiarity with the following:
- Corn, bean, and potato production and potentially addition crops in the future introduced into the rotation.
- Crop planning, rotation, spraying and fertilizer application from plant to harvest as well as storage of said crops.
- Center pivot irrigation system w/ automated remote monitoring and control systems.
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills along with strong decision-making skills
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills while having the ability to demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work flexible hours with a willingness to work long hours during peak seasons
- Ability and willingness to jump in and assist in the field when needed whether to fill a spot or assist with training of a new employee
- Ability to interface with vendors and control input inventories, as well as storage facilities for on-farm storage, both inventory as well as keeping in premium condition of stored commodities
- Experience with sales and marketing of crops in addition to working with trucking to working with the end user to establish contracts, marketing, and relations at point of sale
- Proficiency in computer literacy while working with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is a plus
Hansen Agri Placement is looking for an established producer is seeking a Regional Farm Manager to oversee the planning, production, and marketing on 12,500+ irrigated acres in Western-Central Nebraska. Agricultural background or experience is preferred but not required. The operation is looking for a pragmatic business-minded individual capable of learning the operation and implementing high-level strategy. This is a progressive operation in the process of expanding that is looking for the right person committed to long-term employment; someone to grow with the business.
Starting salary is open to negotiation and will be determined by experience, stability, and references. The position offers performance-based bonuses, and advancement opportunities in pay and management responsibility as the person become familiar with the business and as the operation expands. The prospective employee will be involved in farm planning from planting through harvest and implementing modern large scale farming practices. The person must be dedicated and have common sense along with management experience. This person may work long hours in peak season in a team environment. In addition to management skills, the ideal candidate will also have sales and marketing experience, and be able to build and maintain business relationships between the producer and retailers/food processors. The candidate will be goal-oriented and self-directed with a strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
The producer currently has two primary locations and the position could be located in either the Panhandle of Nebraska or more along the I80 Corridor of western Nebraska. The two locations are just a few miles from midsized towns on good roads adjacent to very nice smaller communities, complete with modern schools, medical facilities, groceries, places to eat, bank, buy gas, shop, entertainment, etc. This position will require travel between the two locations.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at email@example.com or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.