Job Title: Farm Mechanic / Operator
Location: Central Iowa
Salary Range: $0 - $60000
Commission / Bonus: Performance Based
Benefits: 2 Weeks Vacation + some slow days in off season + Health Insurance TBD
- Mechanical ability to work on trucks, tractors and even rebuild a planter and/or other machinery would be an ideal situation
- Plant to harvest experience a plus and JD Mechanic background would be a great plus
- Routine maintenance and general repairs is a must
- Welding, Acetylene, Fabrication, and other skills a plus
- Self-propelled sprayer experience along with precision equipment operation is a plus
- Agronomy experience a plus
- Grain handling experience a plus
- CDL along with clean driving record is a must
- Team player with strong communication skills with a good work ethic and problem-solving skills is a must
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a mechanic/maintenance person that also knows crop production for a diverse and progressive farm in central Iowa. Need someone who is a team player and a hard worker for a long-term employment opportunity. All late-model John Deere equipment and excellent facilities. Need someone who takes pride in what they do. Mechanics first, willing to train the right person from general field operations to operating self-propelled sprayer for the right person. John Deere experience would be preferred, but not necessary. The employer would prefer at least 3+ years of stable experience. A candidate that possesses overall row crop skills such as operating a grain cart, semi, and ability to learn excavator operating skills is a plus. Need to have basic technology skills such as email, texting, google maps, and JD AMS products. The area is a great area for a spouse to also find off-farm employment and is an area with good schools and good progressive community and plenty of entertainment choices in the area for raising a family. Salary is dependent on not only experience and skill set but also stability and references.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.