Job Title: Farm Operations Manager
Location: Southwestern Illinois
Salary Range: $ - $80000
Commission / Bonus: Possible
Benefits: Full Benefits Package
- 5+ years working in a lead position on larger farming operation
- Management and supervisory experience required to effectively lead, plan, organize and direct a team
- Strong grain agricultural background/knowledge helpful
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office; able to learn and use CRM/GPS/GIP software and systems/technology driven
- B.Sc. degree in agriculture or management is desired, though not required
- Decision making, attention to detail, with complex problem solving skills required
- Financial Aptitude with the ability to understand and explain economic and accounting information, assist in preparation and management of budgets, and help make sound long-term investment decisions
- Ability to identify complex problems then review and research related information and data to develop and evaluate options and plans of action for correction or improvement
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a progressive Farm Operations Manager for a large-scale southwestern Illinois crops producer. The Operations Manager will ensure the production of high volume, high quality, and cost-effective crop production. In addition, this position is to guarantee that all operations/production goals and tasks are completed efficiently and with the effective use of all resources and supplies. This position is responsible for all day-to-day operations, budget items, certifications, safety, production data and operations planning. Person will develop and ensure effective implementation of approved 5 year and current year plans for production and operations and participate in strategic planning process, as needed. Will hire, train and evaluate all employees and oversee improvement plans, performance review and goals with consultation of Management. Will manage the scheduling, monitoring and implementation of all related farm operation tasks that employees are responsible for by outlining any top priorities for a variety of tasks that are vital to grain production and overall maintenance and upkeep of the farm property and land on a daily basis and weekly meetings. Person will review financial statements for areas reporting to this position, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Will develop, communicate, coordinate, implement and monitor all planting and harvesting plans and determine the equipment needed for each season. Ensure all control systems are in place and implemented to reduce risk and costs. Monitor inventories regularly and produce all inventory reports on time. Consult with Input Purchasing and Crops Sales on crop selection, planting plans and input selection and purchasing. Define, update, and implement all operations of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Provide end of season and end of year reports and debrief meetings with employees and managers. Coordinate with Construction Specialist on all construction and drainage plans. Manage all inventories including but not limited to levels of all products and grain in storage, all seed, chemical, fertilizer and input supplies, etc. Excellent opportunity for Top-Notch person!!! Employment opportunities for a spouse within the surrounding area.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at email@example.com or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.