Job Title: Farm Operations Manager
Location: East central Pennsylvania
Salary Range: $50000 - $0
Commission / Bonus: Possible
Benefits: Health Care Stipend + Housing Stipend + Paid Holidays + Work Vehicle
- Proven ability to manage and lead a team in a production farm setting and are a solid communicator
- Ability to prioritize and identify production challenges and the skills to implement remedies
- Must be able to handle larger projects and be forward-thinking on what will be needed ahead of time
- Prefer light fabrication/welding experience, low & high voltage electrical knowledge, and strong diesel and hydraulic experience
- Must be willing to put in longer hours during peak season
- Must be detail oriented and understand how the choices made in the off season influence the farm’s overall success for the year
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Farm Operations Manager to be responsible for overseeing employees by training, developing, assigning duties, disciplining, hiring and terminating personnel. Manage the maintenance of equipment and facilities, ensuring that the appropriate systems for scheduling maintenance and ordering parts and supplies are in place. Gather daily production data for record keeping purposes and analysis mostly via smartphone using Google Drive. Perform/coordinate crop planting, fertilizing, harvest, irrigation and spray operations. Familiarity with fertilizers and chemicals related to production agriculture. Follow all required safety procedures and maintain a safe work environment. Comply with industry regulations regarding farming practices, environmental issues, food safety and more. Maintain a clean and organized shop and work area. Be flexible with the changing demands from the day especially during the busy season. Communicate with the owners on ideas for improvement. Be willing to assist in all areas of the operation depending on the need for the season.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.