Job Title: Farm / Ranch Assistant
Location: South Central Nebraska
Salary Range: $0 - $48000
Commission / Bonus: Possible
Benefits: 3 bedroom house on Acreage + Benefits open for Negotiation for right person
- Current farm and ranch experience
- Up to date on row crop enterprise with corn, soybeans, and a little hay using modern equipment
- Experience with pivot irrigation is a plus, will train those that are mechanically inclined
- Solid Cow/Calf experience working with AI would be a plus
- Experience with rotational grazing, range management, herd health, and processing cattle
- Ability to identify, diagnose, and treat sick cattle
- Strong communication skills, work ethic, and good attitude is a must
- Ability to work independently as wells as know the value of teamwork
- Mechanically inclined with some welding skills, strong maintenance skills, and ability to mend fence when needed
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is looking for Farm/Ranch Assistant for diverse farm and cattle operation in south central Nebraska. Looking for someone with good communications skills to join the owner as a team. 3-5 years experience in both farming and cattle is preferred, but willing to do some training for the right person who has solid references. The operation is looking to continue the expansion of the entire enterprise in both crop production and some cow/calf. Employer also a construction business that he also owns, so would like to see someone who has a positive attitude and is forward thinking and willing to be diverse and willing to jump in and assist wherever needed during peak demands either on the construction side or ability to work alone with the farm/cattle if left alone. Operation is in a great location on a bus route with a great school system. Salary will be determined by experience.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.