- Plant to harvest skills and experience is a plus, but willing to step in and learn is a must
- A strong self-propelled sprayer experience is a plus
- Arc welding skills are a plus and the ability to handle routine maintenance and general repairs is a must
- Willingness to work with cow/calf and feedlot and assist as needed and enjoy it
- Hardworking Team player, strong communicator, self-starter, high morals, good ethics, motivated, and honest
- Agronomy experience, CDL, and pivot irrigation experience are all bonus skill sets, but willing to train the right person
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Farm/Ranch Assistant with good crop production, spray application experience, planting operations, and will assist willing to assist with cow/calf, replacement heifers, and feedlot operations for a progressive family farm in south-central Kansas. Needs someone who is a team player and a hard worker for a long-term employment opportunity. All late-model John Deere equipment is well-kept and has excellent facilities. Need someone who takes pride in what they do. Experience operating a self-propelled sprayer is a plus. Prefer at least 2 years of planting and agriculture experience. This is a family operation that works with its employees. Currently, the farm is mostly all corn, soybeans, wheat, milo, forage crops, and depending on prices may even have some cotton for a wide variety of crops. Farming and equipment operations will be the primary focus. They have a 1300 head commercial cow/calf operation retaining all their calves with 200 to 300 replacement heifers and the remaining 1000 head will go through the feed yard and sold on the grid. Pay is by the hour, guaranteed 40 hours/week, with about a 60-hour average for the year. The peak time for additional hours would be planting, spraying, and harvest time. E.O.E. is looking at experience, stability, and references when determining hourly rates. This is a strong family operation, and they realize family time is important and will work with and be flexible around kids' schedules and school events. Great community for raising a family, close to nice trade center with K-12 school, 2 banks, churches, equipment dealer, and auto supply dealership that draws people from afar to the area.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at [email protected]
or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.