Job Title: Feeder / Farm Mechanic
Salary Range: $40000 - $50000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Health Insurance + Possible Housing + Vacation Negotiable
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Experience feeding cattle
- Adequate Mechanical aptitude
- Equipment operating experience
- Cattle handling experience
- Basic computer experience
- Electrical experience
- Team player
- Hoof trimming experience
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a Mid-sized progressive dairy in Michigan seeking full time Farm Mechanic / Feeder. Primary responsibilities are feeding (dairy herd), and the management of equipment and facility maintenance. This person should also be comfortable working with dairy cattle, as the position will also involve some hands-on work with the cows. The ideal candidate will have previously worked on a dairy, have equipment operating experience, an adequate mechanical aptitude, cattle handling experience, and a functional understanding of a dairy operation. Position could be expanded to include herd reproduction for the right person. This person should also have a positive team attitude, able to take instruction, and a willingness to learn. This position has the opportunity for expanded opportunities as the operation grows.
This dairy has an experienced team with a high level of employee retention. This company has a culture of ensuring all employees are a valuable member of the organization. Compensation to be determined based on experience.
Responsibilities include but not limited to;
- Feeding and maintenance to all related equipment
- Maintenance and repairs to building and grounds, including minor electrical work
- Assist with cattle management including hoof trimming, vet checks, cattle sorting, and health checks
- Assisting with manure management and storage structure protocols
- Occasional field work responsibilities
- Create and foster a working relationship with all owners and employees, be a team leader as needed
- Rotational on call responsibilities once trained
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kirk Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7370. You are encouraged to fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.