Job Title: Feedlot / Ranch Assistant
Location: Northeastern Colorado
Salary Range: $ - $42000
Commission / Bonus: Possible
Benefits: House Negotiable + Vacation
-Assist with daily activities of feedlot and cow/calf operation
- Assist with calving out cows and sorting pairs as needed
- Feedyard experience in backgrounding, good animal health skills, rations, reading bunks, knowing when cattle are off feed, keeping on schedule a must
- Operating loader, hauling manure, mowing, and operation of other equipment around the feedlot along with routine maintenance and general repairs
- Good decision-maker, communicator, team player, ability to also work independently, and good record-keeping are essential
- Winter care and feeding hay/silage rations along with cleaning bunks, fixing tanks, and general maintenance as needed
- Welding & Fabrication Skills would be a great benefit
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for an Assistant in the Feedlot/Ranch for this Eastern Colorado producer. Cow/Calf experience as in calving will be helpful as they will assist in calving cows and sorting pairs. Need experience in all feedlot duties; feeding, checking pens, spotting, pulling sick cattle, sorting cattle, vaccinating and yard maintenance, manure hauling, etc. Additional duties include few acres or irrigated hay/forage. A person must be dependable, have good decision-making skills, be a self-starter, and be willing to assist in all areas of the operation, though the main focus of the position is working with daily operations of the cow/calf herd and in the backgrounding yard. This is a precondition yard, where calves are grown to about 800-lb. They grow their calves and buy additional outside calves. Employers also have some goats which may need to assist with from time to time, but not a major part of the job description. Ideally, the employer would like to see someone that has 3 to 5 years of experience within a backgrounding cattle but is also willing to train the right person with the right attitude and desire to learn. This is a great opportunity suitable location for raising a family. Salary will be determined with experience, skills, references, and overall stability.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.