Job Title: Feedmill Manager
Location: Southwest Kansas
Salary Range: $0 - $80000
Commission / Bonus: ?
Benefits: Full Benefit Package
- BS degree in Agriculture and/or 3-5 years of operating a feedmill required
- Personnel management experience is a must
- Experienced in large grain handling facilities and running a feed mill in the livestock industry
- Strong operations skills: communication, record keeping, purchasing, tracking inventory, etc.
- Routine maintenance required with attention to detail
- Willingness to tackle new projects and look at change as an opportunity to take on more responsibility
- Self-motivated with organizational skills in inventory, grain handling, maintenance schedule, production and record keeping
- Takes pride in their work, as well as the facilities
- Able to motivate fellow employees while operating under SOP
- Must possess a valid drivers license and be insurable
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Feedmill Manager for this large progressive cattle feeder in southwest Kansas. Person will oversee milling staff, feed trucks, and minor ingredients purchasing for feedmill. Ideal person will have the experience and the skills necessary to work in and run the mill. This employee must have people skills to manage fellow employees working as a team to keep pace with production of feed while maintaining strong record keeping and communication with upper management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Sets a positive example for employees by modeling safe work practices and following safety rules and policies. Communicates critical safety information to employees by conducting regular safety training; monitors workplace for unsafe/noncompliant behavior. 100% commitment to why safety matters.
• Manages subordinate supervisor and non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Minimizes mill downtime by completing maintenance requirements and scheduling maintenance/repair; develops and implements mill preventative maintenance program. Supplement Plan included.
• Monitors quality control of commodities received through regular inspection.
• Maintains quality of finished feed rations by using quality ingredients and following recommendations from consulting Nutritionist.
• Complies with applicable OSHA, FDA, and EPA regulations; maintains appropriate compliance records.
• Develops department capital and operating budgets; manages expenses by studying historical data, anticipating needs and researching costs.
• Manages department supplies inventory by researching costs, designing inventory systems, determining inventory levels, anticipating needed supplies and approving orders.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Undergraduate degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software and Database software.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
COMPETENCY: Expected to coordinate projects, manage difficult or emotional employee situations, participate in meetings, understand business implications of decisions, work within approved budget, develop and implement cost saving measures, conserve organizational resources, demonstrate knowledge of EEO policy, adapt to changes in the work environment, exhibit sound and accurate judgment, observe safety and security procedures, and report potentially unsafe conditions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to airborne particles. The employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and is exposed to work in high,.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Employee is required to wear hardhat; eye, ear and respiratory protection daily. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 50 to 100 pounds. Lifting, standing, walking, climbing, reaching above and below shoulders, push/pull, bend. stoop, squat, sitting are required duties.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at email@example.com or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.