Job Title: Feedyard Assistant Manager
Location: Southwest Kansas
Salary Range: $0 - $80000
Commission / Bonus: Possible
Benefits: Full Fringe
- 3-5 years experience in a previous feedlot lead capacity
- Bachelor's Degree in Ag Econ or Business Degree, Will consider Animal Science Degree or a related field of study
- Would consider equivalent work experience/School of Hard Knocks
- Strong animal health background and/or a combination of technical training and work experience
- Proven experience in a supervisory position, with drive to excel
- Leadership skills in developing and directing their work force
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Understanding financials with the ability to assist in the development of the animal health and facilities annual budgets
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and direct yard maintenance and general upkeep to maintain and improve the feedyard functionality and aesthetics
- Analyze and identify opportunities to improve feeding performance and profitability at receiving, processing, animal health, and other areas as identified
- Bilingual Spanish a plus
Manages functions and production staff related to the operation of the feed yard facility. Responsible for oversight of receiving and shipping of cattle, processing, feeding programs, feed mill operation, feed ingredient inventory, animal health and nutrition, equipment needs, maintenance, people resources, farm management, waste management, and all other operations.
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Feedlot Assistant Manager for this southwestern Kansas commercial Cattle Feeder. Responsibilities include: Manage daily operations of the feed yard facility. Assure all activities are within company guidelines and applicable laws/regulations. Safeguard employees and company assets. Supervision of staff, including all work schedules. Assure all employees understand expectations of the job. Handle training and direction. Execute coordination and communication including staff meetings among departments, crews and people to achieve a team-oriented approach to production. Manage production people to achieve maximum efficiency of the feed yard. Complete recruiting, training, employee development, hold employees accountable, provide constructive performance feedback, complete written evaluations, any necessary disciplinary action, document appropriate actions and coordinate wage administration. Manage costs. Strive for efficiency. Evaluate equipment and repairs for alternatives. Keep rolling stock and equipment in good operational condition. Prepare Appropriation Requests as required. Assist General Manager in customer origination, feeder cattle procurement, risk management, feed ingredient procurement and finished cattle marketing. In case of absence, cover all responsibilities of General Manager. Handle all regulatory compliance matters for the feedyard. Stay abreast of all regulations and pending issues to keep the yard in effective operating order. Assure animal health practices and feed nutrition meet optimum growing conditions. Manage shrink and death loss. Work closely with outside consulting veterinarians and nutritionist to address deficiencies and improve cattle feeding results. Maintain effective environmental practices to prevent contamination of any soil and keep the relationship with neighbors in good standing. Keep facility in neat appearance. Coordinate activities with central office and other company locations to provide for efficient utilization of entire company effort. Use proactive communication. Continue professional growth through participation of industry events and training. Attend conferences, seminars and educational workshops to stay abreast with latest industry practices and new technology available. Other projects and duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at email@example.com or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.