Job Title: Fertilizer Sales - Western U.S.
Location: Western U.S.
Salary Range: $85000 - $90000
Commission / Bonus: Standard Annual Bonus (not based off sales)(No commissions)
Benefits: 401K + Life Insurance + Medical/Dental/Vision + Short- and Long-Term Disability + Vehicle Allowance
- 4-year Ag-Related degree
- CCA preferred
- PCA preferred
- Minimum 3 years Customer-Focused Fertilizer Sales-related experience, preferably in Central California
- Proven Sales Negotiation Skills with Ability to Meet and/or Exceed Sales Targets/Goals
- Solid understanding of Crop Nutrition principles and effective Fertilizer strategies including Strong Knowledge/Understanding of Specialty Fertilizers
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to Work Effectively in a field setting with Ag growers, Certified Crop Advisors and independent Crop Consultants to analyze crop deficiencies, to make specialty fertilizer recommendations and to help manage field research trials
- Ability to Work Proactively with a Dealer/Distributor Network of customers
- Ability to Interact Positively with Extension and University personnel
- Computer Proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Clean Driving Record with Ability to Travel up to 50% of your time
- Strong preference for individual already residing within the territory with established Ag relationships
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is currently seeking an experienced Fertilizer Salesperson to cover a dealer/distributor territory working from Central California. Ideal candidate will have a:
- 4-year Ag-related degree
- PCA license
- CCA certification
- At least three years of experience working with Ag Growers, Fertilizer Manufacturers, Fertilizer Dealer/Distributors and other Agronomy personnel in the region
- A strong understanding of specialty fertilizers and alternative crop nutrition methods
The primary responsibilities for this individual will be to develop/maintain solid working relationships with fertilizer manufacturers and fertilizer dealer/distributors, as well as with key Ag growers to optimize current opportunities and to generate new opportunities for the sale and marketing of speciality fertilizer products for the company. This is a home-based role with an assigned territory encompassing the Central Valley region of California as well as other areas within the Western U.S. The individual of choice will support current efforts to implement a sales and marketing plan in conjunction with direction of the company and following company strategy to achieve long-term sales growth. This individual will use technical agronomy expertise to sell this line of specialty fertilizers. This individual will also work closely with company personnel to ensure an adequate supply of product is available to meet current customer demand.
***EMPLOYER OFFERS COMPETITIVE BASE SALARY TO $90,000 PLUS EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE***
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Dianne Countryman at email@example.com or call 308-381-4815. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.