Job Title: Field Support Engineer
Salary Range: $70000 - $75000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Full Benefit Package + Mileage Reimbursement
Qualified candidates must meet the following qualifications, and have demonstrated the following technical or job skills:
- Minimum 2-year technical degree (with background in mechanical, electronics and/or robotics).
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for extended lengths of time.
- Effective, tactful /diplomatic written and verbal communications skills and ability to work in both office and dairy farm environments.
- Agricultural related technical degree and familiarity with dairy farm industry.
- Computers and Electronics – Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Engineering and Technology – Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Mechanical – Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Mathematics – Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Troubleshooting – Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Repairing – Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Equipment Maintenance – Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is required.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Public Speaking – Understanding how to present materials in an effective manner for the purposes of training.
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing an Agricultural Company who is searching for a Field Support Engineer. The role of the Field Support Engineer is to provide professional support for equipment dealers. That support consists of performing and leading field service installation, startup and commissioning, repairing, servicing, troubleshooting and training efforts associated with the full line up of both conventional and robot products. The technician works within the guidelines established by the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Installation Assistance - Provide Company dealers with on-site (primarily in the Central Region) installation, startup and commissioning assistance of milking systems and components. Train dealer technicians (and dairy farmers as appropriate) on the proper installation, startup, operation, troubleshooting, servicing and repair of Company products.
- Troubleshooting and Diagnostics Support - Receive, document and resolve technical issues from dealers relating to the installation, operation (and/or lack of operation) of products in a manner which both preserves dealer confidence and increases dealer technician competency and proficiency. Includes assisting with the processing, analysis and resolution of warranty returns and claims.
- Technical Training - Participate in the development and delivery of training for dealer technicians, company personnel and end users with an emphasis on areas of most need as determined by review of the trends found in troubleshooting and service. Also assist with the preparation of other types of training materials such as service bulletins, installation and operator’s manuals, training videos, repair parts manual, product specification sheets and the sales catalog.
- Product Feedback - Investigate, document and compile data on significant product problems, which can be used for potential product improvements and/or future product design input. Includes working with the various departments within the company resolving the problems identified. Actively participate in the new product development team(s) by assisting with testing, analysis and implementation of new products
- Troubleshoot both conventional and robotic systems, using knowledge of dairy sciences, microprocessors, programmable controllers, electronics, circuit analysis, mechanics, sensor or feedback systems, hydraulics, or pneumatics and software.
- Disassemble and reassemble components and/or peripheral equipment to make repairs such as replacement of defective circuit boards, sensors, controllers, encoders, or hydraulic.
- Perform preventive or corrective maintenance on milking systems or components.
- Maintain service records of equipment or automated production systems.
- Install, program, update or repair programmable controllers, robot controllers, and end-of-arm tools.
- Compile and deliver training to dealer technicians relevant to the products.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kirk Hansen at email@example.com or call 308-382-7370. You are encouraged to fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.