Job Title: Forage, Pasture, and Organic Manager
Location: Western Ontario
Salary Range: $ - $75000
Commission / Bonus: Possible
Benefits: Housing & Utility Allowance
- Experience operating modern farm equipment a must, familiar with dairy and forage operations preferred
- Technical knowledge of GPS, auto-steer and precision farming
- Dedicated and willing to work long hours during peak seasons, 60 hrs. a week, Peak Forage season is GO time
- Routine maintenance and mechanic ability
- 2-3 years of leadership and management experience is needed
- Hard working, team player, strong communicator, self-starter, high morals, good ethics, motivated, and honest
- Experience in pasturing, rotation, and Organic cropping
- Familiar with Holistic Planning (Grazing, Financial, Land Planning), or willing to learn. Willingness to jump in and assist when and where needed is a must
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a good Forage and Organic Production Farm Manager for this Organic, Pasture based progressive Jersey Dairy Farm. This person needs to know what it takes to get milk from Forage based rations (no Corn Silage) planting through silage harvest, have experience with large modern farm machinery and have a technical mindset that is not afraid of change. This farm provides Pasture and Zero Graze using Pottinger and Schuitemaker Loader wagons during the summer. This position is all pasture, forage and feeding operations related to dairy feedstuffs and will oversee inventory and pasture requirements during the growing season. . This position is all farming operations related to dairy feedstuffs .This farm has 300 Organic Jersey cow dairy and 1200+ acres of land. The manager will keep forage systems running efficiently. This person will work in a team environment, able to work long hours during peak season, must be dedicated, and have common sense. This position also involves feeding both during the Winter time with TMR, and the Summer feeding with Zero Graze, This position offers advancement opportunities in pay and additional management as the person becomes familiar with the business. This is a progressive operation looking for the right person committed to long-term employment, and a real possibility for profit sharing. Location is just a mile from a town that is a very nice community in rural Huron County. Nearby options for schooling, shopping, supplies. The Owner of this farm has started a value-added butter business utilizing outside contractors to make premium Grassfed Organic Jersey butter. Location is just a few miles from town that is a very nice community that is complete with modern school & community college options as well as locations for obtaining gas, shopping, grocery store, supplies, etc. Also, ideal location as there is plenty of great hiking and great scenery for the outdoor enthusiast. Salary will be determined by experience, stability, and references and negotiated with benefits as needed.
Farm has an open LMIA "Labour Market Impact Assessment" for Farm Manager, at $24 CDN/Hr. Expect 60 hours/week, plus long hours during Forage GO time. LMIA offers two-year contract which can easily be extended. Timely advancements may be made in pay for experienced candidate.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at [email protected] or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.