Job Title: Herd Sire Manager
Location: Western Nebraska
Salary Range: $ - $60000
Commission / Bonus: Possible Bonus/Commission
Benefits: 401K Retirement + Health Insurance + Modern Housing / Utilities
- All levels of education will be considered, but preference is for a degree in Animal Science, Reproduction or other degrees.
- Experience in cattle health, feeding and nutrition with the ability to properly feed individual bulls of all ages to an optimum body condition.
- Current experience in ranching, feeding or sire collection is helpful. A purebred background is a plus;
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience is a needed along with the aptitude to lead a team in the completion of daily tasks.
- An individual that is comfortable and capable of speaking with customers in a helpful, polite and professional manner…
- Need to communication in a timely and accurate manner with our office/lab team, and ownership.
- Basic record keeping skills are needed to track bulls arriving to and departing, weekly collections, and movement of bulls within the facility.
- Must appreciate working alongside a friendly, motivated, service-oriented team who enjoys providing the very best in sire collection services to our customers.
- Lead and assist a crew in the upkeep of facilities, which will range from lawn care to pen and barn maintenance. This will include mowing, painting, cleaning pens, and water tanks.
- Must take pride in the cleanliness, image and appearance of our facilities.
- Follow S.O.P.'s in operation and maintaining care of all equipment. This will include but not limited to the Loader Tractor, skid steer, cattle trailers, mowers and all other equipment used on location.
Hansen Agri-Placement is looking for a Herd Sire Manager to lead the day-to-day operations of a custom semen collection facility. This role requires a knowledge of feeding and caring for purebred beef bulls, basic record keeping skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with our valued customers, our office/lab team and ownership. The ideal candidate has experience with purebred cattle, a basic understanding of semen collection, familiarity with multiple beef breeds, and possess a customer-focused, service-oriented attitude. Qualified applicants will appreciate being part of a positive, friendly, hardworking team, and will be eager to jump in and help when extra assistance is needed. Someone who shares our pride in the appearance of our bulls and the cleanliness of our facility is an absolute must. This job is located in a small, friendly, close nit community with a great school system and hospital, along with multiple job opportunities for a spouse also seeking employment - making this position well suited for a family with children, an “empty nester” couple or a single person ready to advance their career. We offer a very competitive salary for the right individual with experience, stability, and references.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at [email protected] or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.