Job Title: Herdsman
Salary Range: $18 - $20
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package
MUST HAVE CURRENT DAIRY EXPERIENCE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience is required.
- Degree in Dairy/Animal Science OR 4+ years of applicable experience in lieu of degree.
- Good computer skills with specific knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PC Dart or other dairy herd management software.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Direct experience with on-farm animal activities (non-milking), calf experience is desirable
- Cattle reproduction knowledge
Capabilities and Behaviors
- Lives and displays the Company Values and behaviors at all times in their day-to-day ways of working.
- Professional attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Multi-tasking ability and strong organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Flexibility with respect to job responsibilities and consistently determined to be an effective team member
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a dairy who is searching for a qualified Herdsman for their operation. This position’s primary focus is to support company initiatives by coordinating daily farm activities related to an elite genetics program. General responsibilities include supporting calf care, donor flow and synchronization, and close work with other team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate calf care, including vaccinations, feeding, and health and tissue samples
- Ensure the coordination of day-to-day operations of donor herd, including synchronization programs, scheduling of flush/IVF of donors, data flow and recording
- Scheduling/management of recipient herd, including coordination of health testing, recipient flow (number of recipients needed), and data flow related to recipients
- Maintain ideal biosecurity and practices with the donors and calves
- Other duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kirk Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7370. You are encouraged to fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.