Job Title: Mushroom Harvester / Trainee
Salary Range: $ - $60000
Commission / Bonus: Performance and quality bonuses
Benefits: 401K Retirement + Health, Medical Insurance + Holiday Pay + Short term accomodations till permanent housing can be found + Vacation Pay
- Looking for all levels, someone with experience, but also someone that wants to enter as a trainee. Plenty of room to advance quickly in wages, bonuses, and responsibilities
- Self-starter, able to pay attention to detail, and good communication skills are all a must
- Able to execute tasks that require kneeling, climbing, walking & use elevated working surfaces safely
- Able to adhere and be responsible for wearing hair and beard net (if needed) when entering production areas of the growing facility
- Ability to follow all guidelines of training in guidance of adhering to good manufacturing practices and policy in growing consumable food products
- Responsible for sanitizing picking knife before and after harvest in each room
- Must have the ability to also be able to stand, stoop, bend, reach with hand and arms, lift and/or move 50 lbs or more
- Bilingual is a plus, but not required
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a Mushroom Harvester for a mushroom farm in Texas. The harvester is responsible for visually judging the maturity and qualify of the mushrooms, pick and sort mushrooms by size and grade into needed packaging • Ensure the mushroom bed surfaces remain in good condition through good harvesting techniques. • Maintain all food safety and quality standards by following the Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs). • Store all harvesting equipment in accordance with Company SOP. • Maintain a clean and orderly work area, minimizing stumps dropping on the floors, mushroom knockdowns on the beds and safety hazards in the alleys. • Available to work rotating days off on 5- and 6-day work weeks as directed by supervisor. • Follow all Company policies and procedures. • Able to execute tasks that require kneeling, climbing, walking and carrying • Starting each day at 6:30 am, and pending on sales for the day. Average is around 50 hours per week but will fluctuate in accordance with the orders of the day, assist in the cleaning of growing areas, follow all policies and guidelines, follow Good Practices of Agriculture. Introductory and training rate of pay will start at $11.75, but once picking, most will average from $15-$20 dollars per hour with performance bonus. No experience is required! Training is available. Consistent working temperature is between 60-75 degrees working indoors. Environment may have occasional high humidity and also can be dim lit. Great location and only hour from major metro area, but living in a good mid-sized community of 7500 people. School and educational options available for families to settle and call home. Company does have housing available for those that may need it. First two months are provided while searching for your own housing, or a reasonable rent/lease is available if one wants to remain in company housing.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at [email protected] or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.