Job Title: Organic Farm Supervisor
Location: New Jersey
Salary Range: $0 - $45000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: Health Insurance + Possible Housing + Retirement + Vacation + Work Vehicle
- BS degree in horticulture, organic agriculture, or equivalent preferred
- Extensive Organic Farm experience is a must with preference to East coast region
- Previous management and supervisory experience required
- Need to be Self-motivated
- Need to have good communication skills with staff and ownership
- Willingness to be a hands on
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail in coordination of crop and labor schedules
- Willing to assist as need and time permits with 300 acres of conventionally farmed land, including management of pests, irrigation, and harvest
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for an Organic Farm Supervisor for a New Jersey operation. The position will be to maximize the quality and diversified output of the organic farm areas, supervision of the staff, and ongoing communication with the ownership and non-organic managers. Primary duties will include responsibility for the 8 acres of certified organic crops and keeping in compliance with USDA organic mandates. Majority of the work will be dealing with extensive vegetable and bed preparation, seeding, transplanting, planting, weed control, pest control, irrigation, harvesting produce in a sustainable, progressive, and certified organic fashion while keeping the Organic Farm profitable. Will also need outstanding written and oral communication skills required to convey information, gather and disseminate information, and problem solve. Pay will be determined by experience and encourage all to apply if you are currently in management or supervisory capacity of an organic operation and would consider for your next career step. Preference will be giving to those from the Northeast part of the US in terms of experience in working with weather, soil, and humidity experience in organic farming. Location for family friendly, with great schools, and other recreational activities.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at email@example.com or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.