Job Title: Ranch/Farm Assistant
Location: Central Nebraska
Salary Range: $0 - $50000
Commission / Bonus: Possible
Benefits: 1/4 Beef + Housing + Utilities + Vacation + Work Vehicle
- Hard working, team player, strong communicator, self-starter, high morals, good ethics, motivated, and honest
- General equipment maintenance experience is needed
- Experience with fabrication, carpentry, and welding is a plus, fencing skills a must
- Cow/calf experience with a willingness to jump in and assist when needed is a must
- Experience feeding, calving, fencing, and animal health are a plus but must have a desire to learn
- Row crop or hayfield experience is a plus with willingness/desire to assist with during peak times is a strong plus
- Have a CDL or experience in driving semi and having a clean record a big plus
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for a qualified Ranch Assistant & Farm Assistant for this central Nebraska purebred cow/calf operation. Need to have experience and interest in cows and willing to assist in farming, especially during harvest. This is a diverse purebred operation with selection, AI skills, heat detect, and even some ET. Also, have a grow yard for developing heifers and bulls for annual production sale. Willing to train those with some experience and good references, but do need to demonstrate passion and desire to take the extra steps in working with a purebred heard vs that of a commercial herd. This is a diversified operation and a person needs to be willing to jump in and help where and when needed whether is it working with the cows such as calving, winter feeding, and annual production sale, fixing fence, or maintenance on the ranch headquarters in painting and mowing the grass. You will also need to assist with planting & harvest on the crop side, and also may need to assist in putting up some hay, and chopping corn silage. As mentioned a CDL would be beneficial in the ability to haul grain to town and also from the field to the bin site. This is a progressive operation that will provide a family-friendly atmosphere in finding long-term commitment. They have a couple of different housing options depending upon your family needs. The area has great schools located on a bus route. Wages and benefits will be negotiated and dependent on overall experience and references.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.