Job Title: Ranch/Feedlot/Farm Assistant
Location: Eastern Nebraska
Salary Range: $0 - $55000
Commission / Bonus: Possible Bonus
Benefits: House or Apartment / Utilities Negotiable + Meat + Paid Vacation
- Strong cattleman that is diverse, and willing to work from Cow/calf, purebreds, grow yard, and assist in the feedlot, and may even help with fieldwork
- Good decision-maker, communicator, team player, and good record keeper is essential and willing to help in all areas.
- College degree is a plus, but experience with a solid & verified work history is better
- Good animal health skills, rations, reading bunks, knowing when cattle are off feed, keeping on schedule is a must
- Operating feed wagon, loader, scale, hauling manure and other equipment around the farm
- Handle routine maintenance and general repairs
- Good farm equipment operating skills for a support position in row crop, haying, and silage as needed
Hansen Agri-Placement is in search of a Feedlot/Ranch Assistant for this eastern Nebraska employer. Need experience in feedlot duties of feeding, walking yard, pulling sick cattle, sorting cattle, vaccinating and yard maintenance. Additional duties may include spring tillage, manure hauling, and silage chopping and packing. Also, run 600 purebred cow herd, great diversity, as no two days are alike. Maybe feeding in the morning and doctoring calves in the afternoon. A person must be dependable, have good decision-making skills, be a self-starter and willing to assist in all areas of the operation. Good equipment operation skills would be a plus as will be used as more of a support role in farming when daily feedlot chores are completed. This is a purebred operation, so any experience in working with purebred in a development yard, calving, record keeping, and fitting cattle for show and sale are pluses. Ideally, the employer would like to see someone that has 2-5 years of working experience to bring some leadership, knowledge and upper skill set with them to this position. The salary will be dependent on experience. Will train younger individual with the basic skills, solid work ethic, and a desire to learn and better themselves. Great location for a spouse to find work, good schools, and a great community.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at [email protected] or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.