Job Title: Ranch/Grow Yard/Feedlot Assistant
Location: East Central Nebraska
Salary Range: $0 - $48000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: House / Utilities Negotiable + Meat + Paid Vacation
- Strong cattleman that is diverse, and willing to work from Cow/calf, purebreds, grow yard, and assist in feedlot
- Good decision-maker, communicator, team player, and good record keeper is essential
- College degree is a plus, but experience with a solid & verified work history is better
- Feedlot experience & development grow yard experience a plus
- Good animal health skills, rations, reading bunks, knowing when cattle are off feed, keeping on schedule is a must
- Operating feed wagon, loader, scale, hauling manure and other equipment around the farm
- Handle routine maintenance and general repairs
- Good farm equipment operating skills for support position in row crop, haying, and silage
Hansen Agri-Placement is in search of a Feedlot/Ranch Assistant for this east-central Nebraska employer. Need experience in feedlot duties of feeding, walking yard, pulling sick cattle, sorting cattle, vaccinating and yard maintenance. Additional duties may include spring tillage, manure hauling, and silage chopping and packing. Also, run 300 purebred cow herd, so many times may be feeding in the morning and diverse duties in the afternoon. A person must be dependable, have good decision-making skills, be a self-starter and willing to assist in all areas of the operation. Good equipment operation skills would be a plus as will be used as more of a support role in farming when daily feedlot chores are completed. This is a purebred operation, so any experience in working with purebred in a development yard, calving, record keeping, and fitting cattle for show and sale are pluses. Ideally, the employer would like to see someone that has 2-5+ years working experience to bring some leadership, knowledge and upper skill set with them to this position. Salary will be dependent on experience. Great location for a spouse to find work, good schools, and a great community. A nice house is available on small acreage for the right family just a few miles from work.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.