Job Title: Ranch Manager
Location: West-Central Montana
Salary Range: $0 - $120000
Commission / Bonus: Possible Bonus on Cash Flow (EBIDTA) from cattle operations
Benefits: Benefits are Negotiable + House, 3bd/2bath currently being remodled + Insurance + Paid Vacation + Utilities Included + Work Vehicle
- Prefer 10+ years of experience in a lead/manager position on a larger progressive ranch
- Prefer B.S. Degree/Animal Science or related, but will consider additional experience over education
- Solid cow/calf ranch background with experience in rotational grazing program, registered Angus management experience a plus
- Practical experience with herd management, nutrition, equipment, and property maintenance and management is required while being organized, self-starter, and attention to detail
- Business management/budgeting experience preferred computer experience and the ability to maintain cattle records needed
- Excellent animal health skills from diagnosis to treatment of cattle with additional experience in working with horses
- Hay Production experience as well as the maintenance, and upkeep of equipment around the ranch
- High Integrity with good communication skills while having a professional demeanor and mannerism when communicating with both employees and ownership
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for an outstanding Ranch Manager for this progressive west-central Montana ranch operation. The person will need substantial ranch management experience, prefer 15+ years ranch industry, and 10+ years in a lead position and manager role on a larger progressive ranch. Business management/budgeting experience is highly preferred. The manager will have the responsibility of the day to day ranch operations and cow herd. Manager will have direct husbandry duties including; calving, feeding, doctoring, hay production which are mostly outsourced at this time, equipment and fence maintenance, etc., in addition to leading 4-5 production employees. Need to be high-energy and able to motivate others around the ranch. Practical experience with herd management, nutrition, equipment, and property maintenance and management are required. The ranch owns a very large alpine lake and diverts water off the creek into several irrigation ditches which feed the pivots for irrigation needs of the ranch. Prefer B.S. degree/animal science or related but will consider overall experience and references to education. The ranch is located on good roads, good schools, close to town, and area shopping. Salary is dependent upon experience, stability, and references as we are looking for a long term hire that will be a good fit for many years to come.
Health - Vaccination Protocols - Doctoring/Diagnosing - Breeding - A.I. Protocols & Natural Service - Commercial Herd - Maintain Cattle Records, calving, matings, culling, etc. Assist in maintaining full accounting and overall ranch operations. Maintain corrals, sheds, fences, roadways, maintain trucks, equipment - build/implement new improvements - Work with agencies and programs to fund new projects (do return on investment analysis) - Cattle Movement - Pasture doctoring - Keep grazing chart record for each pasture, permit, and/or area on the ranch - Financial - Help draft and manage the annual operating budget. - Stay within budget - Labor-Management - Lead/direct employees. - Manage part-time, seasonal, and day help. - Manage with a TEAM approach, creating a positive environment. - Meet with Owner to Review Progress on Goals, Actuals vs Budget, etc. - Innovate - Be open-minded with a willingness to learn, study, and adopt improved methods of beef production.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.