Job Title: Ranch Unit Foreman / Purebred
Location: Central North Dakota
Salary Range: $ - $65000
Commission / Bonus: Possible bonus
Benefits: 1500 sq ft 3 bedroom/2 bath Modern Home + Possible to run your own cows + Utilities + Work Pick-up
- Knowledge of and experience with Purebred Registry, good record keeping is a must and one of the top priorities the Owner is looking for
- Good animal health skills, calving, haying, pasture rotation, weed control, rations, reading bunks, winter feeding, growth records, and sale prep/fitting experience are all needed
- Operating loader, feed truck, haying equipment, sprayer, and other equipment around the farm
- Timed A.I. along with cow/calf experience is a plus
- Grow yard experience is a must and development yard experience a plus
- Handle routine maintenance and general repairs to fencing, waters, farm equipment, and general maintenance around the ranch
- Honest, good decision maker, communicator, team player, and self-motivated/self-starter are all a must
- A college degree is a plus, but experience with a solid and verified work history is better
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is in search of a solid Purebred Cattle Ranch Manager for this west-central North Dakota employer. Need experience working with purebred cow herds, calf development growth, and working on the annual sale. More experience and willingness, the better. Purebred Registry record keeping is a must in conjunction with calving from February to April. Additional duties may include fencing, haying, and assisting with timed AI projects and heat checks. Strong AI would be considered a plus. A person must be dependable, have good decision-making skills, be a self-starter, and be willing to assist in all areas of the operation as needed. Hours can be flexible for family time except during calving, sale time, and hay season which are peak times for labor needs. This has been a purebred operation for 40+ years, looking for a person with experience and a desire to continue what the owner has started with the possibility for the right person to grow the operation along with possible succession planning in the future. Ideally, the employer would like to see someone that has 5+ years of Purebred experience bring some leadership skills, knowledge of the purebred world, and experience with registry and records with them to this position as the owner is looking to be more and more removed from the operation going forward. This manager would manage this ranch unit along with the annual bull sale which is held at this location. This ranch unit also backgrounds the replacement heifers and yearling bulls. The ranch unit is also home to a summer pasture of some 100 registered cows and replacement heifers. Great location along the I-94 Corridor with easy access to all central and western communities in the state for shopping/supplies. Good schools and a great location to raise a family. Good possibilities in the area if the spouse should decide to also seek employment. The owner is open to person running a few of your cows and even transitioning to some ownership down the road for the right person. Salary is negotiable pending experience, stability, and references provided.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at [email protected] or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.