- Experience with Safety and Health program management either through complying with programs in an industrial manufacturing setting or managing Safety and Health programs.
- Demonstrated experience providing leadership on safety.
- Demonstrated experience presenting training material in front of an audience.
- College degree preferred but some college or advanced studies required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel overnight, climb 30 feet of ladder, work at elevations up to 120 feet, wear a respirator, work in high noise environments using hearing protection and drive a rental car required.
- Ability to visually inspect equipment and work sites with different atmospheres that could be dusty, wet, muddy or malodorous.
- Must be able to work outdoors in various temperatures.
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established Ag Business seeking an experienced Regional Safety & Health Manager. The Regional Safety and Health Manager will work closely with the companies EHS Director, the Regional General Manager, individual plant and transportation management, and employees to help develop, implement, monitor, and sustain occupational safety and health policies and programs for the four separate sites in the California Region.
- Understand the safety and health (OSHA), DOT and other respective regulations that are the foundation of the companies injury and illness prevention program to include State-specific regulations.
- Liaise with other Federal, State, and County regulatory agencies when needed.
- Work with plant and transportation management and frontline employees to develop strategies to implement, comply with, and sustain established injury and illness prevention programs.
- Provide input and assist in the development of new company injury and illness prevention programs.
- Use the companies computer based safety management system to enter plant and program specific information, safety training, etc.
- Coordinate the safety training program using company training augmented with relevant site specific information for multiple shifts at the four separate sites.
- Conduct facility self-audits, inspections, hazard identification walks, and other proactive actions in accordance with established injury and illness prevention programs.
- Orchestrate established dairy assessment program through on-site assessments, hazard identification, corrective actions, and subsequent corrective action coordination.
- Assign risk assessment codes to all identified hazards and oversee corrective action completion.
- Conduct and coordinate incident investigations when safety, health or property damage incidents occur to include thorough root cause analysis, interim control measures, corrective actions, and future mitigation strategies.
- Teach safety program concepts and elements to all leadership levels within the Region.
- Regularly communicate and meet with corporate, regional, plant and transportation management regarding the status of safety and health programs.
- Provide input as a member of the Region Management Team.
- Provide input as a member of the companies EHS Management Team.
- Travel between Region locations on a routine basis.
- Participate in industry conferences and meetings.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Chris Schroeder at [email protected]
or call 308-384-4886. Please to fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.