Job Title: Seed Plant Supervisor
Salary Range: $ - $50000
Commission / Bonus: Profit Sharing
Benefits: 401K w/ Match Retirement + Flex Spending + Health, Life, LTD Insurance
- 4-Year Mech Ag, Horticulture, Agronomy or other Ag-related degree preferred but will consider strong work experience
- 3+ years in working with farm operations, various seed production, and/or working around grain handling, receiving, shipping, or seed treatment process
- A strong plus if experience includes seed treatment which from mixing from the predetermined formulation of a variety of seed
- Additions strong plus if one has experience in working with or programing, troubleshooting said automation of palletizing robot in a used facility
- Flexible in work from hauling grain, loading, and unloading trucks and moving grain, perform equipment maintenance, and ability to work extended hours as necessary
- Willing to accept and complete additional duties as assigned from warehouse support in staging outbound loads, load and unload semis while operating a forklift, keep records and perform inventory audits
- Solid work ethic, good communication skills, self-motivated, competent, and team player. Personable with the ability to interact with carriers, seed dealers, and customers
- CDL is required for this position as will be required as one will be a secondary grain hauler from seed grower to our grain facility as needed
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is currently seeking an individual with a strong interest in working on a farm seed operation. With the right work ethic, ambitions, education, and references, our employer would consider a well-skilled and educated younger person that can start as a crew member and train up to a supervisor to eventually move into management. We are looking for a diverse skill set, but more important looking for the individual that is open-minded, willing to learn and has a can-do attitude with a personality that can get along with most, and ambition to never stop learning. One that seeks a desire to train up as manager to replace managers role who has goals of upcoming retirement. If you experience and feel like you're spinning your wheels at your present location, we are interested in visiting with you also. The employer is a family operation that has been in seed production for 100+ years. Employer provides a casual and family-friendly working environment. Great location to raise family, for a spouse to find employment if so inclined. Our Employer is E.O.E. provides a competitive benefits package for insurance, retirement matching which includes profit sharing. Wages are paid as an hourly wage plus OT as needed which will be based on experience/skills, stability, and references.
Keywords: Horticulture, Seed, Grain Elevator, Vegetable Seed, Ornamentals, Produce, Vegetable Production, Supervisor, Location, Facilities, Operations, Treatment, Supply Chain, Northern U.S., Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Ohio
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.