Job Title: Tree Nursery Manager
Salary Range: $ - $100000
Commission / Bonus: Commission/Growth/Bonus Possible
Benefits: Health Insurance + Paid Vacation + Vehicle
- 15+ years of working with Tree/Shrub Nursery with 5+ years in management/supervision level
- Ability to create and maintain long term relationships with our vendors and customers as well as an expansion with new market possibilities
- Experienced in managing tree inventory while having in-depth knowledge in working with inventory, sales needs, labor availability, and knowledge of the market within our geographical area as well as prospective areas that may have a marketing advantage to increase sales
- Experience in managing budgets as well as determining all costs associated with all aspects of the nursery including planting, pruning, production, loading, etc.
- Capable of managing both production and harvest crews
- Propagation knowledge
- Forecasting future needs of the nursery in layout requirements for efficient use of property in field-grown and container-grown plants
- Exceptional skills in communication, positive attitude, self-motivated, strong computer skills, problem solver with attention to detail while being a team player
- Bilingual would be a plus
Hansen Agri Placement is in search of a Nursery Manager for a large wholesale tree/shrub nursery that specializes in growing flowering trees, cold hardy palms, hardwood shade trees, evergreens as well as species that are native to all of Florida. Currently looking for an experienced individual that will take the nursery to the next level as they would like and have the potential to double their current business of growing 75 different varieties of trees & shrubs for the wholesale and contract growing market. Looking for that individual that has experience in management and has knowledge of markets in the Southeastern part of the United States and has a commitment to grow the best, highest quality plants in the area. The future manager will need to know about irrigation, planting, soils, pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizer in both field and container-grown material. Bilingual is a plus for working with production and harvest crews. They need a candidate with education and experience but will consider experience over education. They are an E.O.E. and salary is open to negotiation for the right individual with strong experience, skills, credentials, stability, and references.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.