Job Title: Working Ranch Manager
Location: West-Central Missouri
Salary Range: $0 - $65000
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: 2 Weeks Paid Vacation + House + Work Vehicle
- Prefer 3-5 years of experience in a lead position on larger progressive ranch
- Prefer B.S. Degree/Animal Science or related
- Business management/budgeting experience preferred, computer experience and ability to maintain electronic cattle records needed
- Solid cow/calf ranch background with experience in rotational grazing program needed
- Excellent animal health skills from diagnosis to treatment of cattle
- Practical experience with herd management, nutrition, equipment and property maintenance and management are required, while being organized, self starter, and attention to detail
- High Integrity with good communications skills while having professional demeanor and mannerism when communicating with others
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for an outstanding Working Ranch Manager for this progressive west-central Missouri ranch operation. Person will need substantial ranch management experience, prefer 10 years industry and 3-5 years in a lead position on larger progressive ranch. Business management/budgeting experience highly preferred. Manager will have responsibility of the day to day ranch operations and cow herd. This is a "WORKING MANAGER POSITION". Manager will have direct husbandry duties including; calving, feeding, doctoring, hay production, equipment operations, equipment maintenance, etc., in addition to leading other production employees. Need to be high-energy and able to motivate others as ranch is progressive. Practical experience with herd management, nutrition, equipment and property maintenance and management are required. Prefer B.S. degree/animal science or related.
Health - Vaccination Protocols - Doctoring/Diagnosing - Breeding - A.I. Protocols & Natural Service - Commercial Herd - Maintain Cattle Records, calving, matings, culling etc. Assist in maintaining full accounting and of overall ranch operations. Maintain corrals, sheds, fences, roadways, maintain trucks, equipment - build/implement new improvements - Work with agencies and programs to fund new projects (do return on investment analysis) - Cattle Movement - Pasture doctoring - Keep grazing chart record for each pasture. - Financial - Help draft and manage annual operating budget. - Stay within budget - Labor Management - Lead/direct employees. - Manage part time, seasonal and day help. - Manage with a TEAM approach, creating a positive environment. - Meet with Owner to Review Progress on Goals, Actuals vs Budget etc. - Innovate - Be progressive minded with a willingness to adopt improved methods of beef production.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.