Job Title: Yard Maintenance Manager
Location: Eastern Colorado
Salary Range: $0 - $70000
Commission / Bonus: 10%-15% Bonus
- College Degree or 5+ years industry experience and a complete knowledge of the cattle feeding industry
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- A good understanding of OSHA/HACCP guidelines is preferred
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required
- Strong MS Office experience (Excel, Word, etc.) and proficiency a cattle accounting system
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus
Hansen Agri-Placement is searching for a Yard Maintenance Manager for this eastern Colorado Feedlot operation. Plan and execute all daily shop and feedlot maintenance and yard equipment operation to optimize efficiency, profitability, and to assure facility compliance with beef quality assurance standards.
- Ensure yard repairs are carried out quickly and efficiently in pens, bunk pads, roads and alleys, fences, water tanks and water systems.
- Manage, lead and develop all yard personnel and equipment operators.
- Interview and train new employees then plans,
- Directs supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate and/or head up company-wide feed yard-planning projects.
- Prepare and follow the maintenance schedule for the yard; coordinates with the shop on the service schedules of all yard equipment.
- Project capital expenditures for Yard Department and prepare and maintain annual Yard Department budget.
- Ensure housekeeping is maintained in the yard and buildings.
- Work with Feed Yard Manager to ensure that required records and reporting are developed and maintained to comply with environmental, safety, and regulatory issues (OSHA, HACCP, etc.).
- Promote a safe and healthy work environment.
- Communicate, solicit, and provide internal customer support (feed, mill, or cattle department).
- Other duties may be assigned.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.