Job Title: Feedlot/Ranch Assistant
Job Order #: KG-6700
Location: Northeastern Nebraska
Salary Range: $0.00 - 40,000.00
Commission / Bonus:
Benefits: House / Utilities Negotiable + Meat + Paid Vacation
- Feedlot experience is a must and development yard experience a plus
- Good animal health skills, rations, reading bunks, knowing when cattle are off feed, and keeping on schedule a must
- Operating loader, hauling manure and other equipment around the farm
- A.I. and heat check experience along with cow/calf experience is a plus
- Handle routine maintenance and general repairs
- Good decision maker, communicator, team player, and good record keeper is essential
- College degree is a plus, but experience with a solid & verified work history is better
Hansen Agri-Placement is in search of a Ranch/Feedlot Assistant for this east central Nebraska employer. Need experience in feedlot duties of feeding, walking yard, pulling sick cattle, sorting cattle, vaccinating and yard maintenance. Additional duties may include spring tillage, manure hauling and silage chopping and packing. Cow/calf experience in AI, heat checking and calving will be helpful, but willing to train. Person must be dependable, have good decision making skills, be a self-starter and willing to assist in all areas of the operation. This is a purebred operation, so experience in working with purebred in a development yard, calving, record keeping, and fitting cattle for show and sale are pluses. Ideally the employer would like to see someone that has 3-5+ years working experience to bring some leadership, knowledge and upper skill set with them to this position.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.