Job Title: Feedlot/Ranch Assistant
Job Order #: EH-6705
Location: North Central South Dakota
Salary Range: $0.00 - 36,000.00
Commission / Bonus: ?
Benefits: House + Partial Health Insurance + Utilities + Work Vehicle
- Feedlot and Cow/Calf production experience needed
- Good animal health skills, rations, reading bunks, knowing when cattle are off feed, keeping on schedule, all highly preferred
- Past job stability needed
- Operating loader, hay equipment and other equipment around the farm
- Assist with cow herd, (calving, feeding doctoring, etc.)
- Handle routine maintenance and general repairs, with equipment and facilities
- Good decision maker, communicator, team player, and good record keeping is essential
- College degree is a plus, but experience with a solid and verified work history is better
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is in search of a Feedlot/Ranch Assistant for this north central South Dakota livestock producer. Prefer good experience in these different feedlot duties: feeding, spotting and pulling sick cattle, sorting cattle, vaccinating and yard maintenance. Additional duties may include hay production, fencing, silage chopping and packing, etc. Cow/calf and calving experience would be helpful, but willing to train. Though the Feedlot is the main focus in this position, person must be dependable, and willing to assist in all areas of the operation. This is a diversified operation, so experience in all areas is very helpful. Ideally the employer would like to see someone that has 3-5+ years working experience to bring good leadership, knowledge and skills to this position.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Eric Hansen at email@example.com or call 308-382-7351. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.