Job Title: Herdsman - Wean to Yearlings
Job Order #: KG-5940
Location: Northeast Arizona
Salary Range: $0.00 - 40,000.00
Commission / Bonus: Performance
Benefits: 2 - 3 Bdrm Houses w/ Utilites + 401K Retirement + Insurance
- Solid agriculture background in Ranching, working with wean to yearlings, and heifer development
- Good animal husbandry skills, ability to identify sick, and doctor animals
- Heat detection, A.I. and ability to keep detailed records are all a plus
- Passion for Range Management, cattle performance, and breeding up
- Ability to build and repair new and existing fence and electric fence
- Able to work independently and as a team, keeping busy and having a good head on your shoulders
- Knowledge of Savory Grazing System and feed efficiency unit
- Heavy Equipment operation experience is a plus
- Willingness to assist with calving, and jump in when needed is a plus
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting this northeast Arizona Ranch in finding a strong Ranch Assistant. Primary duties are working as a Herdsman over a Wean to Yearling operation with steers and heifers. Steers are grazed for 90 days, duties would include 700 to 1000 heifers that would take you all the way to the following fall when they are sold mostly as bred heifers. Needing to hire a good employee; well rounded, good attitude, strong communicator and team skills. Ranch uses Horses and ATVs. Needs person able to build new fence and repair existing fence, work with electric fence, water wells (electric/gas), pipelines, repair and maintain property and equipment. Ranch grazes year around, no haying, just moving supplement tubs and attending to yearlings and the ranch itself. Need to be self-starter and keep motivated, but also able and willing to take direction. Willing work by himself or with others. Position has two houses as year is divided between two ranch locations. Ranch is somewhat isolated so will take special person that can adjust to limited cell phone and internet use, also history shows it is difficult raising children in this position as the year is split between two different school districts. Benefits package is flexible to fit your needs and salary will be dependent upon experience.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.
"Unless The Lord Builds the House, We Labor In Vain Who Build It"
The Nation's Oldest and Most Highly Respected Ag Agency, Serving Agri Business and Production Agriculture Since 1959.