- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or related curriculum with minimum of three years of experience required (or equivalent combination of experience and education).
- Agriculture, food, or dairy experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Able and willingness to learn new tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to a diverse range of internal and external audiences.
- Able to interact effectively with a wide range of people in business and social settings.
- Able to bring a project from conception to completion and adhere to steps and timelines.
- Possess the ability to work independently with multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid NYS Driver’s license and willingness to travel as required.
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing an established Processing Operation located in New York who is searching for a Director of Milk Marketing. The Director of Milk Marketing will be the liaison between fellow team members, the farm membership, and industry stakeholders. The primary purpose of this role is to provide business support to ensure the successful achievement of business objectives. Contribute to the development of short and midterm business strategies and initiatives designed to deliver profitable growth with a member and customer-focused mindset. Coordinate with other team members to execute initiatives for Company's Marketing. This position will work on the farm side of the business and will work closely with the farmers on how farmers get paid, milk trucking, milk payment, how different types of milk get produced etc. Also prefer someone who is familiar with state or federal orders.
- Serve as a liaison between the Company and its stakeholders.
- Develop intermediate and long-range marketing plans, working closely with transportations/logistics, membership, sustainability, and accounting personnel.
- Evaluate and track the supply and demand between members and the sales agreements with customers.
- Assist in creating marketing strategies to support weekly sales to existing customers.
- Create customer scorecards to track and present KPIs and other metrics.
- Provide support to managers and staff to ensure successful completion of departmental communications projects.
- Maintain daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly reports relating to various KPIs.
- Measure and communicate results of business processes and advise methods for performance improvements across all areas of operations.
- Run cost analyses for premiums and track the various financial programs for members and customers.
- Develop cost-saving strategies in line with milk marketing guidelines and support the accounting team during the monthly invoicing process.
- Collect, analyze, and report data to assist with market research projects and to study industry trends. Make recommendations based on research findings and conclusions.
- Build, create, and maintain models and reports for projecting future milk supplies and demands.
- Research market conditions and federal order provisions and data on a local, regional, and national level. Prepare and submit reports and recommend actions based on findings.
- Analyze performance data for the purpose of enhancing customer service levels.
- Extract, collect, and modify data from internal and external systems to enhance decision making in fluid milk marketing, customer service performance, and hauler performance.
- Provide support to market research, communications, member services, accounting, and general management through data analysis, publication writing, and presentation development.
- Assist in the collection, analysis, and reporting in the area of pooling with the federal orders relating to production and sales. Provide pooling strategy and recommendations, and generate and distribute monthly pooling reports.
- Research trends in supply and demand to assist in development of forecasting and budgeting.
- Monitor the progress of deliveries from origin to delivery at customer.
- Work with and support the transportation division to understand hauling costs and milk movements.
- Manage and maintain the company’s Non-GMO (NGMO) project verification status by working with NGMO member farms to collect and audit records.
- The duties listed above may not be all inclusive of the position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
To be considered for this position, please select the appropriate button listed below or call Kirk Hansen at 308-382-7370.