Job Title: Farm Hand / Assistant
Salary Range: $ - $60000
Commission / Bonus: Possible
Benefits: 1 Bdrm Housing/Utilities + Food Stipend milk/bakery + food discounts + Health Insurance + Paid Vacation + Retirement after 1 year
- Degree in mechanics, agronomy, general agriculture is preferred, but also will consider extensive experience
- Farming scale is small but intensive, and precise. Need a passion and someone that takes pride in their work
- One to thrive in faced paced diverse atmosphere, multitask, and work with people is needed
- Additional skills of fabrication, welding, woodworking, or electrical repair is all a big plus
- Self-motivated, good communication skills with other team members, ownership, and customers
- Knowledge of, or willingness to advance, continue to learn, and always looking for improvements
- Must be highly organized with attention to detail through planning, planting, growing, and harvest
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is representing a small certified organic dairy in Massachusetts searching for a solid farm assistant with farming activities around the farm. They also have a small creamery, bakery, meat, and produce store that they sell to local people in the area. Seeking a Jack of all trades person that can oversee the farming that consists of hay, forage crops consisting mostly of sorghum, cover crops of oats & peas, and also have a few acres of diverse vegetable production. Hours will vary with the season, but the person will be in charge of farming, assisting with feeding, and also maintain farm equipment, vehicles, and all things utilized by the farm in a well-equipped shop. Must be self-motivated, organized, willing to work hard, be flexible, have lots of enthusiasm, and be able to express views and opinions. Need to be able to spot problems before they become an issue. Great location for a spouse to find full-time or seasonal work as well. Employer will provide a nice 1 bedroom apartment on the farm, so leaning towards the single, couple, or even empty nester. E.O.E. and salary will be negotiated with experience & skill set, stability, and references all taken into consideration.
To be considered for this position, please refer to the Job Order # above and email your resume to Kerry Glandt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 308-382-7399. Please fill out our online application if you are not currently registered.