Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is seeking a Farm Manager for a family-owned Nebraska swine operation marketing approximately 2 million pigs annually. As a family-owned and family-focused farming operation, great care goes into everything they do. From family members to team members, to even their pigs they believe in treating others with respect and as part of the family. With a combination of animal husbandry and modern technological advances, farm managers are responsible for the care of pigs and team members at their designated farm. The Farm Manager will be responsible for the oversight of all aspects of a sow, nursery or finisher farm or multiplication/daughter nucleus farm types.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and managing farm team
- Managing operating costs of farm
- Implementing processes and relaying to team
- Assessment of pig body and health condition
- Administration of proper treatment to animals
- Maintain most optimum environment for herd