- 5+ years of agronomy experience is preferred, but would consider recent agronomy student with 2+ internships and passion for organics
- Solid agronomy and scouting experience needed with some knowledge of organics is preferred
- Need to be self-motivated as well as having good communication skills with employee team and ownership
- Willingness to be a hands on and highly organized with attention to detail in scouting and management of water on some 4000+ acres
- Willing to assist in all areas, from raising & storing the crop, as well as knowledge of soil fertility, manure use, weed identification, crop disease, and crop rotation
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is searching for an On-Farm Agronomist / Farm Assistant for a Nebraska Organic Farm. The focus of this position will be to maximize the quality and diversified output of the organic farm raising mostly corn, soybeans, milo, wheat, and cover crops with rotation of Alfalfa where needed. Employee will maintain, coordinate, and participate in the scouting of all crops on regular basis through the season. Will assist in the preparation of land for crop planting, weed control, pest control, fertility, and harvesting of crops so additional equipment operation, farm precision and equipment adjusting skills would be a real asset. Will also need outstanding written and oral communication skills to convey information, gather and disseminate information, and problem solve. Pay will be determined by experience and all are encouraged to apply, whether you have 20+ years of experience to those that are just graduating college with an internship or two under them with an interest in working at an organic operation offering a solid long-term position. Good job stability and references preferred. Company will consider traditional crop production agronomist who doesn't have an organic background but has an interest in organic farming. Location is family friendly, with great schools, several options in size of school district in immediate area. Options for spouse to find employment if also searching and other recreational activities a short distance away from lakes and hunting as well as larger cities for shopping and entertainment options.
To be considered for this position, please select the appropriate button listed below or call Mr. Kerry Glandt 308-382-7399.